Tuesday 21 May 2024

Strumble Diary 21/05/2024

 Another stunning morning at Strumble today. 17deg and light winds with very good visibility. I arrived just before 9am and the first push of the ebb flow was underway with water disturbance off the Strumble bank. The tide race picked up later in my session and that's when the porpoise started to come closer in. Again good numbers with roughly the same as yesterday at around thirty or so. I was leaving just before 11am, packed my camera away and made my way to my car.

I decided to sit for a while up at the car park with a cool drink and the intention of passing on what I'd seen to the Tuesday volunteers as they arrived for their survey, which I did. As they were walking down to the lookout I spotted a group of four Rissos Dolphin way out to the NW. I informed the others and we strained our eyes to catch them again. Sadly no luck but then three more surfaced much further out which we all saw but very briefly. No pics of them I'm afraid but good to know they are in the area. Let's hope we see more of them soon. A plus for today was another couple of marked porpoise for the ID catalogue.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.